NORTH AMERICA & OCEANIA AREA
Area Team Leader: Steve and Christy Sellers
AUSTRALIA* (Power to Change)
- Praise God for the fruit that we have seen so far in 2017. We have been encouraged as we had an intentional focus of prayer and fasting in February, followed by God showing up throughout our organisation as we began our year of ministry. We have had at least 40 faith decisions within Australia and over 1000 international decisions by one of our teams. Pray we continue to see an increasing amount of fruit throughout the year.
- As we long to see more people reached in Australia, it means we need more people to join in the harvest with us. Praise God for the progress that has been made over the last 15 months. Pray that we would continue to make progress in our training, processes and recruitment conversations so that by the end of 2018 we will have 50 new missionary units join us.
- Pray for a change in government legislation that would allow some long term internationals to continue to serve with us and other Christian organizations. Currently there is almost no option after 4 years & Christian groups across the country have lost senior leaders as they had to exit the country.
CANADA* (Power to Change – P2C)
M I N I S T R I E S:
- National Training Camps and international tours are in spring and summer. Prayer for these catalytic events to reach deeply into each participant and for them to see how they can be a multiplying disciple
- Summer kid’s camps are approaching. Prayer for each province, church, and partner organization that we will serve and that we will effectively proclaim the name of Jesus
- The Canadian Football League spring camps and pre-season begins soon. Prayer for the chaplains that work with these teams – that they would be rested and ready for another season of spiritual leadership.
- Praise God for: Diplomats and parliamentarians who are sharing their faith with their colleagues!
- Pray for God to draw leaders to Himself through the May 16 outreach with Abdu Murray on “Debate without Hate: How to discuss our differences while valuing each other.”
- Pray for wisdom and God’s strategies for parliamentary leaders as they seek to share and have God’s principles considered in law-making
- Pray for an Edmonton City Leader and for the Lord to raise up leaders in other cities.
- Pray for more volunteers for our Langley, Edmonton, and Ottawa teams that God would move in people’s hearts to step out in faith. Pray also pray for churches to be open to this ministry and for strong, long-lasting relationships to be formed.
- Please pray for an administrator for our Ottawa team and for the Lord to continue strengthening and expanding the outreach there
- Pray for God to bring new team leaders for our teams in Togo, Kenya, Thailand and Canada (Calgary and Kingston). Pray for four potential new DRIME teams that are being started up by volunteer leaders and champions: In Montréal (Canada), Saenz Peña (Argentina), Entebbe (Uganda), and Abomey-Bohicon (Benin).
- Praise God: Approximately 300 people gave their lives to Christ through our teams in 9 countries from January to March.
- Pray for our volunteers, partner churches and these new believers to be faithful in the follow-up and discipling process.
- Marriage Mentoring Initiative: Praise God for the 250 couples that were trained since the launch in 2016. We are praying that another 400 couples will be trained in our second year. We are praying for the day that every couple could be mentored, resulting in transformed marriages and families.
- Together for Good: Pray that God will bless the launch of this new digital, 5 session workshop featuring FamilyLife Canada Directors Neil and Sharol Josephson. This series addresses two great challenges all marriages face – differences and drift. It is intended as an easy accessible tool for couples or groups to build the HomeBuilder network.
- French Ministry: 25% of the population of Canada lives in Quebec, one of the most un-reached region of the Western world. Join us in asking God to raise up a French speaking couple to lead the FamilyLife ministry is Quebec.
- Water For Life Initiative (Countries: Benin, Togo, Tanzania, and Ethiopia) Please pray for our well drilling and community development teams as they work in some very difficult areas and are away from their families for extended periods of time. Though they face many obstacles to their work, they trust God for open doors, strength and wisdom to continue their work in demonstrating God’s love and compassion to people through the provision of clean water and ultimately the message of the Living Water in Christ Jesus. Please pray for their safety and protection and that of the equipment as well and that they would use every opportunity in the villages where they are working to bear witness for Jesus. Syria relief work with Internally Displaced People inside Syria. The current conflict in Syria is now in its 7th year and people continue to suffer with no hope for the future. Please pray for our work with Agape Syria in supporting displaced families through the Bags of Blessing project. This project is now in its 4th year and we are seeing many people being introduced to Jesus and being discipled in their newfound faith. Please pray for the staff and volunteers as they work in very difficult and traumatic conditions. Please pray that our Lord will comfort their hearts and give them strength to go out each day and proclaim HIS love to the hurting people in Syria.
- Please pray for strength and wisdom for all our teams in the various countries that we are operating in. The work in Benin, Tanzania, Togo and Ethiopia is in conjunction with GAiN’s Water For Life Initiative and the others are in partnership with local partners.
- Praise God, we are seeing tremendous fruit in the areas of church planting and ongoing discipleship with many people making decisions for Christ and wanting to be discipled. Please pray for the teams as they conduct discipleship training, pastors and lay leaders training and also provide resources and materials for ongoing discipleship.
- In some countries like Ethiopia and Mexico it is getting increasingly difficult for our teams to operate because of ongoing conflicts or calamities – Please pray that these issues will get resolved and people will feel a sense of security and this would also enable our JFCPS teams to operate in relative safety.
- Pray marketplace leaders would be willing to ‘take risks’ and ‘make sacrifices’ for the sake of the gospel
- Pray successful expansion of the LeaderImpact ministry into Quebec
- Pray for God’s guidance as LeaderImpact Canada assists LeaderImpact movements outside of Canada
The Life Project
- Pray for fresh understanding and insight for our Tech team as they tackle a few remaining essentials before our transition between old and new mentoring software can be completed.
- Pray for traffic to increase on our sites (that we would have favour in Google rankings, and more people would come to our websites and engage with our content).
- Pray mentors to continue to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading in their responses and become spiritual multipliers, not only sharing the gospel but teaching others how to share it, too.
P2C – Students
- Praise God that 250 students gave their lives to Christ this past year. Also, over 2500 students are in a small group where they are learning to live and share their faith. Those students are engaging more than 10,000 other students in ongoing conversations about Jesus and over 43,000 students interacted with gospel themes this past year as they’ve attended an event across Canada.
- As we approach the end of the school year, please pray for students who are graduating this year. Pray for the Christian students who will now be stepping into new arenas of influence for Jesus.
- This summer more than 200 students will participate in mission trips all over the world. Please pray for these students as they prepare their hearts and continue raising support. Please also pray for those whom they will be reaching in North Africa, Peru, East Asia, Paris and in Canada. Pray the Lord continue to use us to help students know Him and experience His power to change the world.
WHEN (Women’s Heart-Engaging Network)
- Praise God for the 5 events WHEN hosted this past Fall. The events were held in English and Spanish, and included WHEN’s 50th event hosted by our brand new Cantonese team in Coquitlam. We praise God for the 300+ women who attended, and for the 39 who indicated that they had received Christ. Several have attended Discovery Groups and several are beginning to connect to local churches. Pray that God will lead them to churches where they can connect well and grow in their faith.
- Pray for our 5 upcoming spring events, again in English, Cantonese and Spanish. Pray for our newest Spanish team as they host their very first event in North Vancouver. Pray that our volunteers will boldly share their faith and invite their friends to come to the events. Pray for the women who attend the events to have soft, receptive hearts as they hear the gospel
- Pray for the leadership of our teams, that they will build strong, motivated teams with clear vision. Pray also for WHEN’s need of more staff. We are a team of 3 staff and 80+ volunteers. Please pray that we would implement effective plans for developing our team leaders. Please pray for God to raise up new staff as we look towards multiplying in new cities, provinces and countries.
H Q D E P A R T M E N T S:
Leadership Development Institute
- Pray for the growth and development of your leader(s).
- Pray for your growth and development in your giftedness.
- Pray for wisdom in development of new training modules.
Marketing / Advancement
- Pray that we can find ways to better serve and connect with local churches across Canada.
- Pray for the plans and preparations for our 50th Anniversary celebration which commences in September 2017 and runs for the whole year.
- Praise God -We thank God for bringing us Jean Ngo as Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Pray God would keep the team strong, healthy and united.
- Pray for those in leadership. We give thanks for the leaders God has called to Power to Change, and ask the Holy Spirit to guide them as they guide our ministry. We pray that our leaders would be able to see clearly the direction the Lord has laid out for us, and that they would be protected in their ministry work.
- Pray for Rod, as he travels quite extensively throughout the spring. Pray that his meetings and conferences would be effective and productive and that he would not be fatigued and wearied by the travel.
- Pray for our upcoming Ministry Leaders Summit, that it would be a time of renewal, and team-building, and that the Lord would bless this opportunity to come together as a group.
- Project Services
- Praise God for the amazing Reading Week Mission Trips – GAIN Haiti and P2C-S in Iceland, Denmark, Norway
- Pray for Summer Mission Trips in preparation (support raising, visas, flights, in country logistics, hearts prepared in country to hear the gospel message, safety on location) o P2C-S – East Asia, Desert Rain, Peru, Paris, Montreal, Agape East Asia, Agape Arabia o AIA – Paraguay (Vball), Ethiopia (Soccer), Benin (Sport Aid) o GAIN – Haiti, Paraguay, India, Benin o DRIME- Montreal, Uganda
- Thank the Lord for the thousands of tracts, DVDs and books that continue to go out to people involved in telling other people about Jesus.
- Pray that the Resource Centre will connect with more such people.
- Praise the Lord that 14 pallets (over 14,000 books) have left our warehouse to be used in other parts of Canada and other countries. Pray that these books will be used by our Lord to draw people to Himself and begin a close relationship with Him.
- Pray for the Lord’s direction as we move to new software for the Resource Centre.
Pacific Islands Regional Team (PIRT):
- Praise the Lord for a brand new campus team in Samoa! Our Cru staff on-site there since January are a couple from Tonga, a single lady from Fiji and two Samoan single guys! Please pray that they will settle in well and be used by the Lord in amazing ways!
- Thank God for what He is doing in Guam! We have three full-time staff serving there. In mid-March, a JF missions’ team went in to help them. Many new students were contacted and there’s follow-up to do. Please pray that God will raise up faithful students who will become leaders in the ministry.
- Thank the Lord for His faithful work in our region! In the southern hemisphere, schools and universities begin their school year in February or March. Therefore, staff across the Pacific are getting in touch with new students, sharing Christ and establishing discipleship groups. Please pray that God will be glorified in an extraordinary way during 2017!
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA* (Cru)
US LDHR Services:
- Pray for our recruiting efforts, especially at our Headquarters and smaller field ministries. Praise God for the 70 students who came to the Preview weekend.
- Pray about strong partnerships among the LDHR reps across the ministries – for a culture of oneness and an appreciation of the diversity among us.
- Please pray for good follow-up from the staff engagement survey
- Campus in the US is in the process of restructuring at all levels of the organization. This is the first major reorganization in 25 years. Please pray as we ask God for more than a million students and faculty who become multiplying disciples:
- We would continue to grow as a movement that is characterized by believing prayer, daily submitting ourselves to the Lordship of Christ. (Colossians 4:2)
- We would each be open to God’s leading as we find our places within the new structure. (Colossians 1:9-10)
- In our desire to reach “all,” we would have greater ethnic diversity at every level and we would grow in our ability to cross cultures in the US and overseas. (Revelation 7:9)
- An increasing number of partners and volunteers would join with us. (Matthew 9:37-38)
- For acceleration in the number of teams and leaders launching and building movements in the US and around the world. (Acts 11:19-21)
- Resources would go to the highest priorities and greatest opportunities as we continue to build out the new structure. (James 1:5)
- Decisions for Christ and engaged disciples would significantly increase. (Acts 6:7)
- Campus in the U.S. has multiple strategies that launch and build movements of Win-Build-Send among students and faculty. Pray for increased fruitfulness for each strategy:
- AIA: Athletes on Campus
- Bridges: International Students & Faculty
- Campus Field Ministries & Ethnic Field Ministries
- Destino: Hispanic/Latino Students & Faculty
- Design: South Asian Students & Faculty
- Epic: Asian American Students & Faculty
- Faculty Commons: Faculty & Graduate Students
- Global Missions
- High School
- Impact: Black Students & Faculty
- Nations: Native American Students & Faculty
- Soon: Korean American Students & Faculty
- Valor: Military (ROTC)
- Praise God for the 665 delegates from 64 nations who participated in Vision 2016, our year-end conference (along with 255 staff members, 150 volunteers, and 90 children for a total of 1,160 individuals). Of those at least 27 indicated that they had placed their faith in Jesus and numerous others have done so following the conference. Approximately 60 Christian students indicated interest in future service with Bridges. Some 120 students, including many of those 60, expressed interest in Bridges’ spring or summer missions.
- Please pray that Bridges students, staff, and volunteers will live their lives on mission. Pray that the Lord will raise up more and more international students who live for Christ’s purposes with their lives. Praise God for those who will participate on summer missions either in their regions or in Boston, San Francisco, Central Asia, East Asia, and Australia
- Ask God for wisdom and clarity for Bridges leadership during the organizational change process of the US Campus Ministry. Pray that more students are reached with the gospel as a result of these changes. Also pray for more laborers to be mobilized because of these changes for the Bridges mission.
- That God will raise up talented staff to help us take our conferences, radio broadcasts, and resources to Millennials and the next generation of marrieds coming off the college campus.
- That God will send laborers from the university campuses to fill 12 slots for our college intern program on marriage and family.
- That God will raise up senior staff to assist in key positions at FamilyLife in: Donor development, IT, Social Media, Writers, and marketing.
- Pray for production working being done now on the new Art of Parenting video series that we’re producing and hoping to launch in early 2018.
Jesus Film Project
Josh McDowell Ministry
- A revision of New Evidence that Demands a Verdict will debut in September and be titled Evidence that Demands a Verdict: Life Changing Truth for a Skeptical World. Pray for God’s will regarding the marketing and sale of this book, for people to find answers to their questions and lives to be transformed. Please also pray for #Truth, a youth devotional coming out in August.
- Pray for the Lord’s favor and protection over our ministry partners throughout the world who are translating, printing and distributing Josh’s books in their native languages, as well as providing digital strategies to spread the gospel. Give thanks for our donors who give to make these resources possible.
- Please pray for Josh as he travels to East Asia in May to speak into the hearts of pastors, seminary students and Christian leaders. Josh will share the keys to reaching people with the truth of Christ and the importance of keeping family his first ministry. Pray for lives to be touched for the kingdom.
- Pray for God to raise up 2,500 new volunteers by 2020, to serve with us as we seek to impact the global military community with the gospel! Pray for the Lord to open hearts of volunteers who will help us minister to the International military members sent to the United States for training by their nations. We praise the Lord for the opportunity to have over 55,000 top military members attending training at many locations throughout the United States representing over 160 nations. Please pray for us to trust in the Lord to direct our paths in reaching these military members.
- Pray that the Lord would bless our efforts to expand our current evangelistic efforts at U.S. military basic training sites to U.S. military advanced training locations, thus tripling our ministry footprint in the next six years.
- Pray for God to raise up a new generation of ministry donors by 2020, and for His wisdom to better nurture our current donors, all to equip and empower the Military Ministry of Cru to impact the global military community with the gospel.
New Life Resources (Cru Store)
- That New Life Resources, the publishing and materials distribution ministry of Cru, will effectively serve and support the Cru ministries and its staff members. Also, to encourage churches and individual believers to grow spiritually toward their maximum level of ministry involvement as they make use of the resources we provide.
- For God to provide wisdom in our efforts to identify other Christians with a heart for ministry with whom we can cultivate long term relationships so we can train, equip and serve more believers to help them launch thriving spiritual movements in their own spheres of influence. As we serve many thousands of churches and individual believers we desire for them to look to Cru as the best place to find the materials they need to accomplish whatever form of ministry God has placed on their hearts.
- That we may continue to improve and refine the Cru Store web site (www.crustore.org and www.crustaffstore.org ) where more than 70% of the requests for ministry materials are received.
- PRAISE the Lord! We have completed a full set of oral Bible stories—from Creation to the Return of Christ—in 22 languages as of today.
- PRAY for the hundreds of story groups that have been meeting in West Africa, India, and the Philippines, that the number of believers would continue to multiply, and that as they grow in their faith, new story groups would begin.
- PRAY for God to continue to increase our capacity to take oral Bible stories to 500 unreached language groups by 2025, to see followers of Christ in a community of faith.