EAST ASIA ORIENT AREA
Area Team Leaders:
Sung-Min Park (South Korea* NTL)
Kok Hiang Lam (Singapore* NTL)
Stephen Wang (Taiwan* NTL)
- MOLD: Thank God for the August Fasting and Prayer Chain among the EAOrt countries. Pray that our spiritual appetite will increase as a result of using this month to seek Him wholeheartedly. “Like newborn babies, you must crave for pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment.” (1Peter 2:2 NLT)
- MULTIPLY: Pray for all our staff members and disciples to be Christ-centered and truly follow Jesus. Pray for us to trust God to raise up more spiritual multipliers to fulfill God’s entrusted mission. “Take the things you heard me, say it in front of many other witnesses and pass them on to faithful people who are also capable of teaching others.” (2Timothy 2:2 CEB)
- MOBILIZE: Pray that we will learn from Apostle Paul “Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ.” (1Corinthians 1:11 NIV). Our exemplary life can be the major element to mobilize others for God’s Kingdom.
East Asia School of Theology (EAST)
- MOLD: EAST gives thanks to God for the 25 years of His faithfulness and also for the renewed vision to be a mission hub to the sending nations. Please pray that the EAST community will continue to reflect God’s mission heart in how we live.
- MULTIPLY: Please pray that God blesses EAST as it equips servant leaders to build spiritual movements.
- MOBILIZE: Pray that EAST (including alumni) will enjoy His favor mobilizing and raising more laborers to serve as His leaders, workers, church pastors and planters on the mission frontiers.
- MOLD: Thank God for a blessed time of Global Fasting and Prayer in August, and for the successful summer missions and summer camps.
- MULTIPLY: Thank God for the new Leadership Team (Atsushi, Seiji, Hohei, and Masayoshi) who have served JCCC for the past six months. Thank God for opportunities for them to meet and encourage area team leaders from Aug 28-Sept 1. May all the administrative preparation be carried out smoothly for JCCC All-Staff Conference, Dec. 26-29.
- MOBILIZE: Pray for God to use Milton and Angela as they share with the staff family about the 3G Lifestyle. Pray for God to renew our energy and strength in order to serve and to pray.
- Thank God for the successful completion of several summer projects (e.g., Team Strategy Meeting, GCTC 37th Field Training, National Leaders Retreat).
- SLM HQ is recruiting new staff to join the team. Pray and ask the Lord to lead those who have a burden to plan and resource SLM staff members to join the team. Pray for God’s protection over our staff members and also for good physical and spiritual health in the midst of a continuously busy schedule.
- A new semester has started and new student leadership has started their ministry in every district and campuses. They made new direction, plan, and strategies. Pray for God’s leading and works according to His will, and pray for the new group leaders who have committed themselves to serve that they will be faithful in completing the leaders’ training.
- Thank God for intercessors who served at the Summer Student Conference. Thank God for His grace, which sustained us throughout the week.
- Pray for wisdom, publicity and strong network to share the 1.1.1. Prayer App to the whole Christian community. Pray for a growth in prayer awareness and expansion of a prayer movement as more download and use this. The 1.1.1. prayer movement is a prayer initiative to pause for ONE minute @ ONE o’clock to pray for ONE focus on praying for the nation and world mission.
- Thank God for helping the team to complete the financial reports on time each month. Thank God for the completion of the year-end financial report and closing of the financial accounts for the summer conference.
- Continue to pray for wisdom and ways to improve the system so that we can serve our field staff more efficiently.
- Pray for the team to be filled with the Holy Spirit and fulfill our tasks with a cheerful heart and with a spirit of excellence.
- Thank God for His provision so that the team can go for Universiade Taipei 2017. Thank God for the many connections we made with the athletes during our time in Taiwan. Pray for good follow-through with these contacts now that we are back in Korea.
- The Religion Center for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympic 2018 Games’ Village will be scaled down. This means there are less staff that can be present at the Center. Pray for the authorities to have open hearts to allow us to minister at the center.
- MOLD: Thank God for Fasting & Prayer Chain in Aug – lots of testimonies and thanksgiving!
- MULTIPLY: Pray for our target of 4,500 MDs by 2020; currently we have more than 146 MDs. Pray that we can complete the translation of GMA by the end October, so that we can get a more accurate measure on ministry progress and effectiveness from our monthly statistics.
- MOBILIZE: We thank God for an increase in our manpower – 105 staff members which includes full- time, employed and associate staff. There are 11 new staff trainees in GCTC this year. May God give LDHR team members wisdom and strength (and more members), as they work Sept-Dec on the staff policy manual. Pray for us to connect with like-minded people seeking ways to reach the lost digitally.
- MOLD: Pray for Cru leaders, staff and volunteers to grow in greater dependence on God as we respond to Jesus’ invitation to “Walk with Me, work with Me” (Matthew 11:28-30).
- MULTIPLY: Praise God for raising up three new staff members and six interns for a one-year program 2017-2018. May God continue to raise up Christ-centered Multiplying Disciples through our various ministry platforms (Student-Led Movement, Leader Impact, Missions Mobilization, Media Ministry as supported by our Operations & LDHR Teams).
- MOBILIZE: Thank God for the launch of #OurFathers digital video series to celebrate #OurFathers and connect many to Father God in June! Thank God that more than 300,000 viewed the videos, which feature stories of four fathers. Pray for greater efforts to collaborate and partner with the body of Christ to mobilize laborers to help fulfill the Great Commission!
- MOLD: Thank God for blessing the new additions of children among the staff couples. It was really fun to have these young ones join us during the annual Staff Retreat. Please pray all our staff families will truly build their relationship on God’s word and every child’s heart will be molded by the Lord from their youth. Also, may God bless our staff families’ lives to truly reflect biblical values and be a light to impact other families in Taiwan.
- MULTIPLY: Thank God that many churches in Taiwan have started to focus on the importance of building spiritual disciples, and for our good connections made with church leaders at GACX, Aug 28-29. Ask Him to maintain a culture of building multiplying disciples among churches in Taiwan, so that many more Christ-centered disciples will be raised up.
- MOBILIZE: Thank God for our different activities to gather or train Christians during the past year. May He give us wisdom to follow through with those who attended meetings, and ask God for more opportunities for us to mobilize Christians through various ministries in Taiwan.